Vroom – Video Game Interfaces
Task 1: Planning
Week 1 6th November:
1) Create planning schedule and plans for assignment
Week 2 13th November:
1) Research Driving games and analyse the UI.
2) Investigate dashboards of cars and what they all have in similar.
Week 3 20th November:
1) Investigate the dashboard symbols and signals.
2) Find out reasons why I would need them in the game.
Week 4 27th November:
1) Research the branding copyright and intellectual property law.
2) Describe the interface elements.
3) Map out the route that I am going to use.
Week 5 4th December:
1) Sketch the route that I am going to use.
2) Experiment with different UI’s and ideas, describe what I like and don’t like about them.
Week 6 11th December:
1) Create mock-ups and test them on relevant software.
2) Annotate my designs and describe my ideas and my process of how I got my design.
Week 7 18th December:
1) Receive feedback from my peers and give them feedback also
Week 8 25th December:
1) Create a professional looking set of visuals for the game that illustrate my interface items.
2) Describe how they look and work and interact with each other.
Week 9 1st January:
1) Create a professional looking single sheet illustrating the 3 different team identity (names, logos and colours)
Week 10 8th January:
1) write an evaluation of my project and how I approached my design during my brief and how successful it was.